Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Couponing Mentor

I love to save money, and these tough financial times it is becoming more of a necessity. For years I have been couponing, but I never really seem to get those great deals you often hear about. Today a friend of mine, who is an avid couponer, blessed me by teaching me what she knows about couponing. I have been to the various web-sites, but it didn't really click till I saw and heard it in person. She even let me go through her coupons and take what I wanted and she also gave me the organizational tools. I came home from the 'meeting' excited about giving coupons another try!! :o) She told me not to get discouraged, because it takes about 3 months to build up a good supply of coupons. She also shared with me ways to get more coupons, ebay for example and ways to match up coupons with store sales. Not only that but there is a website, couponmom.com that actually does that for you!! :o) It shows all the sales and which coupons to use and how much you will save and it's all FREE!!! :o) Another great resource is going right to the coupon web-sites, ya know the ones that you get in the Sunday newspaper?

I will be sharing weekly my couponing journey. I'll let you know how much I save, any tricks I learned, and definitely seeking advice. Please keep an eye on upcoming postings. If you have any couponing advice or comments, please feel free to leave a comment. :o)

No comments: