Monday, August 30, 2010

The Girl Left


That cute kiddo there is my daughter, Emily or Emy or Emy Sue. Emily was our second homeschool graduate and is now headed off to Masters Commission. For those who don't know, Masters Commission is an 8 month intensive discipleship program. It includes learning all the areas of the church, going on missions trips, doing street ministry, performing dramas, making christian art, and also college work. This particular Masters Commission is already booked all the way through March for pretty much every weekend. She is going to be one busy girl, but one very happy girl!! 

You see, Emy loves people!! :o) She is like her momma, but even more so. The girl thrives on being around people and getting to know them. She can tell me more about someone when meeting them for the first time then I could tell you when knowing them awhile. Sad, but true. She asks excellent questions and when people talk to her they seem to know that she is really interested in what they have to say. It is a gift and one that I'm sure she will use in her new home away from home. 

When we left Emy, I was sad but also very relieved. You see, for awhile it seemed like this dream was going to slip right through her hands. The desire to go to MC has been a strong one for about 6 years, but then some glitches and distractions occurred. These were things that seem to pull her away from her calling. I cannot tell you how many nights I spent just pleading with the Lord for her. My heart was broken, because I knew that the direction she was going in was not one of life but death. Maybe not literal death, but more of a spiritual numbness. This kid had a passion, like I have never seen for the things of God. She knew what He called her to do and she was going to do it no matter what. So, to see this distraction come in was a lot for my mommas heart. I am so blessed that God did a work that I never thought possible and the vision has been restored. Not my vision, but God's vision for her. 

It is hard letting go of our children. This is the second to leave this nest. However, it is also humbling and amazing to see the hand of God on your child. I cannot tell you how blessed I am to watch my kids grow up to be wonderful people who will make a positive difference in this world. No, they may not always make the 'best' choices and they may not do things 'my way'. That is okay. I know, without a shadow of a doubt that the hand of mighty God is upon them and I will trust in Him to complete the work that He has started. 

No comments: