Friday, August 20, 2010

The Boy Went Back



The boy up there in the picture is my son Max. I guess technically he is a man, since he is 20 years old but to me is my baby boy. He attends college in Mo. but he was home on summer break for four months. Four months of having him back home was really nice, but now that time is over and he is in the process of returning back to school. When I say 'in the process', I mean literally not figuratively. He is in an airplane right now and should be landing in a couple of hours. 

This is not his first year of college, he is entering his junior year. I remember very plainly the time we dropped him off at school. It was an amazingly awesome, yet horrid experience. Amazingly awesome because I knew that was where he was supposed to be but horrid because it was so hard to leave him. We live in NH and MO. is a long, long, long way from home. 

God has been very good to him through the years. He has developed amazing friendships with wonderful 'kids' and has an amazing girlfriend. His major is film and he is working some great things. I am excited for him, but yet it is still hard to let him go. I know he will be okay. I know that God is with him. I know all those things and more, yet my momma's heart misses him today. 

Thanks for listening to my ramble.