Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pathways

I thought today's ramblings should be about a place that I love, Pathways Pregnancy Care Center. Though the name is "....Pregnancy Care", let me tell you it is so much more then caring for the needs of pregnant women. 

The client advocates, of which I am blessed to be, are trained in lots of areas:
Pregnancy
Post Abortion Counseling
Past Sexual Abuse Counseling
Financial Counseling
Parental Counseling
Grief Counseling
Marriage Counseling
Discovering and Making Boundaries
Destructive Relationship Counseling
and more!!

The services that Pathways provides are free and not just limited to an area of counseling.
We provide:
Baby clothes
Baby Items
Gas Card
Earn While You Learn Program 
and more!!

I often hear people say that the 'pro-life' community just want to "save babies" and really doesn't care about the mother. I have news for those people, we care about both. If a women chooses to have an abortion, we are still there to comfort and counsel her. If she chooses to have the baby, we are there to help in any way possible. It is not like once they have the baby, they are totally on their own. We also care about the whole woman, and realize that many choices we do may not affect us to till years later. That is when a woman may seek out post abortion counseling. 

I know for a fact that the ladies I serve with are not judgmental or condescending. They love on the person, no matter the circumstances. 

If you want to be involved with something like Pathways, you can go here and find a center near you. 

No comments: