Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Home School Graduation Pictures 2010

I cannot believe it has been almost two weeks since my daughters graduation and I have yet to blog about it. Without further ado, today's blog post goes to sharing about her big day. 



This is a terrible quality picture of the graduation girl all dressed her finery. 


This is Shannon, Emily's little sister helping her get ready.


You can barely see this, but it is me and Emily.


This is Emily's dad and he is sharing a wonderful heartfelt speech.


Then it was my turn to talk.



Then the girl graduating got a chance to talk.


Emily's Pastor praying over her.


The hug after the prayer.


Me and hubby after the ceremony just sitting and chatting. 


Little sister picking up big sister.
________________________________________________________________

I cannot believe that my years of homeschooling this girl are over. It honestly seems like yesterday when the cute pony tailed girl was anxiously awaiting her Kindergarten curriculum. How fast the time flew by and now she is on her way to the next stage of her life. She was accepted into Masters Commission and will do at least one year in a discipleship/arts program. I am in awe at the young lady she has become. No, she is not perfect but she is an amazing young woman and cannot wait to see what God has in store for her. Homeschooling all the these years has not always been easy, but it is honestly the best choices that I ever made. 

1 comment:

Penny said...

Awww. I left her a comment on her FB. I do still think of her as five! I'm not even her mother and I can't even believe she's a young woman now.