Saturday, June 26, 2010

David Crowder Band - How He Loves



Today is one of those days that the Lord has really shaken me up. It is not a bad thing to be shaken, just extremely humbling. You see my heart has been filled with ugliness for a person and though I thought I was 'standing for righteousness', I was actually sinning against the person and against God. I am so happy that I serve a living God who is more then able to 'take me to task' and show me all my yuckiness. I also am happy that I serve a God who does not leave me in my yuckiness, but instead reaches His hand out to pick me up and dust me off. I have sought forgiveness from God and now I am going to seek forgiveness from the person. It is interesting because all the anger I felt toward the person is gone. Honestly, it's like having dirty windows and then cleaning them to see how good things really are. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and please watch/listen to the video, it is an amazing song about an amazing God. 

2 comments:

Penny said...

I don't know what to say. You're a better person than I am.

How do you even know when to stop being angry? I try with 2 certain people to let go and forgive them, and I just can't.

I don't know what you're talking about or what happened, but I don't know how you do it.

This song is kind of sad.

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

One of my VERY favorite songs.

I truly believe forgiveness is a decision we must make out of obedience to God, and eventually (sometimes soon, sometimes longer), our feelings will follow. I've struggled with this, too, and so thankful we serve such an awesome, patient, and forgiving Lord.