Sunday, March 6, 2011

21 Day Fast

Have you ever tried to run from something you know the Lord is calling you to do?

Have you ever tried really hard to ignore it?

I have, and I'm done.

I'm done ignoring the voice of the Lord.

I'm done second guessing.

I'm ready.

Ready for what?

Ready to fast for 21 days.

Not an all out fast, but a Daniel fast for at least the first week. Then I think it will a juice fast for a week and then back to a Daniel fast for the third. I'm not exactly sure of the details, but I know for a fact (or a fast, LOL) that I am finally stepping out and obeying the Lord.

My first week will be spent in prayer for my family.

My second week will be spent in prayer for my church and the church as a whole.

My third week has yet to be determined, but I am confident God will reveal it to me.

I have never fasted for more then a couple of days. It seems like the closer I get to my fasting date (tomorrow) the hungrier I become!

On the flip side of that, the closer I get to my fasting date the hungrier I become for the Word of God!

I am looking forward to it, in a weird kind of way.

If you think of me during the 21 days, please pray for me.

Pray that the Lord will give me strength.

Pray that the Lord will reveal things to me.

Pray that strongholds are broken.

Pray that refreshing will come.


No comments: