Friday, March 11, 2011

Prayers for Japan

My prayers today are for those affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. 

Lord, my heart is grieved today. I'm saddened by the loss of life. I'm saddened for those who are grieving over their loved ones. I pray that You would give those who are searching for their loved ones grace and mercy. I pray for the workers who are digging out the rumble and searching for bodies, that you Lord would give them wisdom from on High. 

I know that nothing happens that does not first go through your hands, so God I know you are in control.  It is so hard to fathom all the destruction, pain, hurt, fear, and worry. But, You God are there, even in the midst of all the chaos.  I pray for that you would send those who know You to the area. I pray that through all of this madness, You would be found.  God nothing compares to knowing You, so I pray for revelation for those who are looking for You. We all want answers, and You are Only answer we need. 

Lord, I pray for the missionaries that are serving in the area. God please protect them with you mighty hand. I pray that they would be given strength, strength that is above what they ever experienced. I pray that they would be your hands and feet. That they would show the love the Christ in their serving.  

Even though it is hard to fathom, I trust in You. I pray Lord that as the world watches, that prayers would be lifted up and that You would do a mighty work.

In Jesus name I pray, Amen.  

No comments: