Thursday, March 10, 2011

Daniel Fast - Day 3 & 4

I'm posting day 3 & 4 together, because I did not have time to post last night.

As I am getting into this fast I find that I'm not really having time for the Lord. You know that one on One time that is essential to a fast.  I'm praying a lot more, but I'm really not digging into the Word like I intended to do. Why is that? 

One word... Busyness 

How can I possibly be too busy to sit with the King of King and Lord of Lords and read His Word? 

I don't know.

Before the fast, I was pretty diligent about seeking his face but since Monday it has been difficult.

Some would say that it's the enemy, but honestly I think it is just plain old self. 

I tend to be a tad bit rebellious (I know it's hard to believe) but it is true. When I have to do something I don't want to do it. 

When I don't have to do something then what do I do? 

I do it!!

The Lord is showing me little by little that my Spirit and my flesh are divided. They are warring with each other over what is right. 

If the flesh wins out then this fast will be for nothing, but if the Spirit wins out then it will be to God's glory! 

What do I want?

I want to eat whatever I want. 

I want to watch whatever I want.

I want to do whatever I want.

What does God want?

God wants all of me, not just a tiny part.

God wants me to come to Him and He will give me rest.

God wants me to cast my cares upon Him.

God wants me to be yoked with Him, doing His will.


" Take My yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:29-30

Reading that verse through quickly, one might determine that the yoke is 'mine' (the persons). However that would be false. Looking over it more closely the word "My" refers to Jesus/God, not self but Gods yoke. 

Does that mean God wants to burden us with His things? No! He wants us to take His yoke (His plans, purposes, callings, ect..) upon us and He will give us rest. 

It is not about self, it is all about God! 

The further I get in the fast, even though I still struggle, that is the main theme I am learning. 

I encourage you today to take Gods yoke upon you and allow Him to use you for His glory. It may not always be easy, but He promises to be there and to give you rest. 

No comments: