Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Decision Points

The more I hear George W. Bush talk, the more I like him. During his Presidency America had the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor. He had to make tough decisions, that were not always popular among the people. At the height of his terms as President people loved him and at the end of second term many people claimed to hate him. Yes, they actually did claim to hate him. They called him liar, satan, Hitler, and many other terrible things. It is interesting to me, because the people who now complain about "civility" were the most uncivil during the 'Bush era'.  I guess it is okay to be uncivil if it is someone you don't agree with. 

During the end his Presidency I believe he got a bum rap. He did not go to the media and try to explain things, but rather he took the garbage that was dished out. Now in his book Decision Points he gets to tell the truth about what happened. You see, none of us were there. We don't know the inner workings of the Presidency, we only see a small sliver.  I have been watching interviews on the internet with President Bush, and he truly amazes me. He is humble, kind, compassionate, steadfast, and he stand for what he believes is right. Maybe I don't agree with everything he did, but I would rather have a President stand for something then fall for everything. 

All this to say, love him or hate him I think the book will be an excellent read. I plan on getting a copy and when I do I will share an honest review with you. 

No comments: