Monday, January 11, 2010

Every day I read a chapter from the Bible with my son, today we were reading from the book of John, chapter five. I cannot tell you how many times I have read about this incident, it is when Jesus heals the man laying by the pool at Bethsedia. In a nut shell, the guy cannot get into the pool when the waters are stirred because the faster people get there ahead of him. Jesus asks him if he wants to be healed and then tells him to pick up his mat and walk. The guy, picks up his mat and walks. Apparently he walks right by the Pharisees and since he is carrying a mat on the Sabbath they stop and question him as to why. He tells them he doesn't know why, but this guy told him to pick up his mat and walk. The Pharisees ask him who the guy is, but he apparently had no clue! Later Jesus found the same guy at the temple and said to him "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you." The man then went on to tell the Pharisees that Jesus was the one who healed him.

I know this story well, but yet I never noticed:

1.) That Jesus found the man in the temple.

2.) That He talked to him and told him to stop sinning or something worse may happen to him.

3.) That the guy went and told the Pharisees who had healed him.

Wow!! I am amazed by this and still pondering it. Once I have something more coherent I plan on writing more. Just some random Bible thoughts for the day. :0]


No comments: