Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Birthday

I normally don't blog about my birthday, but yesterday was too great a day not to blog about!! :o) I turned 42 yesterday and my girls took me to North Conway, which is a town about 45 minutes from us with all kinds of outlet stores and little shops. The girls, who both work, took me shopping. I tried not to get too crazy, but I got a Clean Cotton candle from Yankee Candle and random things from the other stores. After we shopped the girls took me out to lunch at Friendly's. Not only was the food yummy, but the conversation was great!! There is nothing better then sitting in a restaurant with your daughters and chatting like there is no tomorrow. There were no awkward silences, no rolling of the eyes, and no feeling that these two teenagers would rather be somewhere else. ;o) After lunch we headed to the center of North Conway and walked the main street with all the little shops. The girls got some things for themselves, we chatted more, and laughed a lot!! It was a blessed day and I'm so glad I got to spend it with two of my most favorite people in the whole wide world. :o)

1 comment:

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Time together is something that can never be bought or bested. Glad you had such an awesome day!