Saturday, December 31, 2011

Verse for the New Year

Every year I pray and ask the Lord to give me one word to focus on through the year and one verse.  Although I don't have the word, I am happy to say that I have the verse!


"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing! Now it spring up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-20


I. Love. That. 

This year has been filled with some yucky unexpected stuff and though the Lord turned it all around for His glory, it was tough going through it.  I'm not sure what this year holds, good or bad or indifferent. I can plan, set goals, make my agenda, and organize all I want. However, in the end it really only matters if what I want lines up with what God wants.  

This year I want:
  • More of Jesus
  • Laser like focus on the things that truly matter
  • My family members to grow deeper in their relationships with the Lord
  • My family to never doubt how much they are each loved
  • New opportunities to serve the Lord
I can't tell you the last time I was so excited to start a new year! Up until last night, when the Lord gave me a dream (I will share later) and my verse for the year, I was not anticipating a great year.  Now I cannot wait to see the things God has in store and I look forward to 2012 with a whole new anticipation! 

Happy New Year!! May it be filled with Gods grace, mercy, and love! :o) 


No comments: