Monday, December 26, 2011

Resolutions in the Making

I have a confession to make, I truly enjoy making New Years resolutions.  Yes, many of them go unresolved, but there is something magnificant about writing goals for the upcoming year. Maybe it's because the possiblities are endless, the year is new and fresh. Or maybe it's because I take the time to pray and think about and plan for the year ahead. I know that nothing truly magical happens from December 31st to January 1st, except for the changing of a calendar, which is not really magical. Yet, each year I find myself once again writing out resolutions.  


Although I already have some things in mind, I am going to wait till the New Year to publish them.  I will, however, share my goal for the week:

  • Seek the Lord daily for what He wants to accomplish through me this year.
That's it. That's the plan. 

How will I go about fulfilling the plan?

I am blessed to work in a ministry, so I will set aside time daily to seek the Lord.  The majority of the building I work in will be closed for Christmas break, so it will be quiet.  Me, my Bible, K-Love, coffee, and God. I am truly looking forward to this week! Please consider joining me and seek the Lord, in your own time, for what His plans for the coming year. Yes, God's plans and our plans are not always the same. Yet, God is a God of order and He is also relational and wants to be involved in our daily lives. Seek Him. Pray. Praise. Watch what He will do. 

No comments: