Saturday, March 27, 2010

I was looking through pictures of celebrities with and without their makeup. Don't ask me why I was doing it, I am not a huge Hollywood fan and I am not a celeb follower. I guess I let boredom take to the place, that I normally would not go. Any way, I was scanning the aforementioned pictured and I noticed that the majority of the ladies were gorgeous without their makeup. The captions didn't seem to hold my same opinion, as each one was basically made fun of without their makeup and then praised with it. I think that is sad. A woman should be able to go out in public without having to get all dolled up. Now, I am not against makeup. I wear it and I like it, but I don't have to wear it to be complete. Who I am is who I am and that is how God made me. These ladies should be able to run to the store or go to the park with their kids without worrying about prying eyes glaring at them through a lens. I am a fan of photography, but not when it is done to hurt and demean someone. It is just plain ol' wrong.

1 comment:

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I've looked at those same photos. It's a shame... and those women who are so beautiful probably are very critical of themselves.