Monday, March 15, 2010

Everyone Has A Story

I attended a woman's convention on Saturday and it was exactly what I needed to hear. You see, God has been stirring up this desire in me to share my story with other women and that is exactly what the two sessions were about. I did not know that before I went, but God did and I believe that is why I was there.

Everyone has a story. Every ones story is different. Each chapter of our story contains the different parts of our life. Some chapters may be sad while others may be filled with laughter. Some times our stories define us for the good and other times for the not so good. It all depends on what we focus on. Do we focus on what we went through or do we focus on what God did during those times? Do we focus on what could of been or do we focus on where we are now?

I know that life is hard, there are many hurts and pains. I also know that God is there in the midst of it all. He is there through the pain, the heartache, abandonment, abuse, divorce, financial struggles, or what ever we are going through. He is there.

I encourage you today to start looking at your own story, and see where God has brought you. Write down those things and then share them with the women in your lives. It is so important to be real with those around us. Yes, it can be scary to open up to people but the benefits outweigh the risks. God uses people to minister to people. I encourage you to connect with those around you and share what He has done.

2 comments:

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

I'm not sure what to comment exactly. I have been wrestling with sharing some things publicly about Christian's passing. More than what I write on my blog and perhaps in a book (by someone else, possibly by me). I know that God brought me to this post at this time for a reason.

Could you please pray for me about this? I really don't want to.. it is exhausting, scary and makes one vulnerable for attack. But I want to be smack dab in the middle of God's Will more than anywhere else in the world.

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Not I don't want to pray but I don't want to write. ;)