Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Finding My Mojo

I posted a few days ago but not having any mojo to start school. I'm happy to report that my mojo is s-l-o-w-l-y coming back. First off the month of August was not a good month for me. It was filled with lots of changes, memories, and distractions. I think my feet are back on some what solid ground and I'm ready to move forward. Here are some things I have done to help with the progression.

* Downloaded the free version of homechool tracker. I normally use a teachers lesson planner that I buy at Staple's, but since money is tight I'm going with free instead. I spent yesterday, Tuesday, getting it set up and entered everything for one of my 'students' for the first two weeks of school.

* Pulled out all the curriculum that we have. I need to buy a few more items, but honestly the more I pull out the more I see its not all that much.

* Started working on getting the school room back in order. Always a process, but at least I'm working on it.

* Got our starting date, vacations, and ending date already set up.

* Trying something new this year. We normally school at home, but this year I'm making a list of places that we can take our 'school' to. Every Friday, at least while the weather in nice we will be heading to different parks in our area. We live surrounded by the White Mountain National Forest, so there is quite a few to choose from. When the weather gets colder, I'm looking into different libraries in the surrounding towns. Not sure how that will work, but at least going to try it out.

* Making a "supplies needed list" for school. I think having the kids get excited about picking the 'perfect notebook' and other trinkets will help spur us all on.

That's how I'm finding my mojo. Hopefully I'll keep going in the right direction and maybe I'll be on a roll in no time. :o) If not, then I'll keep pressing on till I find it. ;o)

No comments: